Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sucker for punishment.. . .

So after spending the whole day laying on the couch eating (best thing when you're sick!) I was hit by the worst case of cabin fever ever. . . . and in traditional perfect timing style - Andy rings to see if I want to come out for a few drinks. . . yay! So I popped 4 Codral and took off to Newtown!

Fun night, lots of laughs. Always good to catch up with Andy and Drew. Hamish came out too, which was great, cos I see even less of him than I do A&D. So we all hung out drinking at the Newtown Hotel, making bitchy comments about some of the unfortunate people there (Hamish definitely gets the gong for that - his venom can strike the unsuspecting at 50 feet).

Andy looking shocked to find he was actually in a gay bar. . . .


Me and Drew


So when it closed, we staggered down the the Impy, hung out there with a larger group of even more unfortunate looking people. Andy and Drew took off home in their usual style . . heading for the door as discretely as possible "Oh, umm, we're going now. bye."

Hamish and I stayed on longer - I tried to do the Cupid thing and introduced myself to some guy that Hamish fancied, so that I could get them talking. Once they started, I wandered away and left them to it. Next thing I know, Hamish is MIA. Shit, now its just me. So I wandered for about 15 minutes, then took off.

Woke up at 10.30 this morning. In time to install new Windows Vista on my desktop 'puter. I got the pre-release version which will expire in 7 months - which is enough time to test it out etc. Have to say, the new windows is hot. Looks great. Never thought I would admit to liking something from MS. . . but there you go.

Then went out to meet Raymond for lunch. Went to a little Japanese noodle place near Market City - which I never even knew was there. Always the best places are those little tucked away joints that no one knows about.

After that we went outside and it was raining. Miserable. How the fuck does that work? Yesterday, 38 degrees - today, 18. No wonder I am sick.

So we decided to go to the movies, since there is nothing much else to do on days like this. So we went and saw "The Covenant". Great movie, kinda cross between Supernatural and the OC I guess. . . Best part is the lead character. . . damn hot.
There is even a sexy shower / change room scene, which had me sticking to my seat. . . .

After that, came home and chilled for the rest of the evening. I just know that ain't gonna help my flu :o)

No comments: