Friday, October 13, 2006

Another perfect day. . . .

Stunning day - 35 degrees. . . not a cloud in the sky. . . Could I honestly let this one get away without a few hours at the beach?

Went to monorail station at 10, waited for 15 minutes. . . supposed to be every 3 to 5 minutes. Asked the chick at the counter what the delay was and she said one of them had broken down. Nice of her to let everyone know there was going to be a delay. So I asked for my money back - the scrag gave me back 4.20 - (the fare is 4.50) - "Whats this? The fare is 4.50!" "There is a refund fee of 30c" "Ha! Like hell there is! I want the full 4.50 back! You can't keep a refund fee since you have been unable to provide the service for which I had paid!" I made sure I said it loud enough for everyone else to hear - ha ha ha so she gave me (or should I say, threw me) the extra 30c. "You should tell people there is a problem BEFORE they pay and enter, saves wasting everyones time."

Hee. . . best part was, I have a monorail card, so the trips are only 2 bucks anyway. hahahah so I got an extra 2.50 back :o)

So anyways, walked into the city (I was only getting the monorail to save time). And got up to the bus stop for the 324 to Watson's Bay. Damn, it had just left the stop and was at the lights, about to turn left. So I started running to the next stop further down Park St. Made it. Damn, bus doesn't stop here. Looked further down the street to the next stop. Another block, a set of lights, and half way down the next block. . . . I looked back. Bus is about to turn the corner. . . .

So I keep running, through the traffic queued at the lights, and keep running. Lucky, the bus had to stop at the lights again. . . made it to the stop, turned and the bus was just arriving. Phew! Then came the 45 minute bus trip. . . God I need a car. . . .

I really like to "get back to nature", so if I am going to the beach alone, I go to Lady Bay just past Watson's Bay. It's a place where you can be free. . . yeah, a nude beach. I'm not into the perving and cruising that happens there, that all happens down the right side of the beach, and around the rocks. I go around the left and up and over other rocks, where its quite private and quiet.

Watson's Bay is so beautiful. It's away from the city, the noise, the people. Best place to go to relax.





Unfortunately, about 2 1/2 hours into my sunbaking, a group of lecherous old goats decided to turn my peaceful spot into a drool fest. Yech. . . I coped for about 15 minutes, while they ogled and carried on. . . gave them an eyeful, then left. If they were after a perve, they should have gone to the other side. Everyone knows that.

Eyeful . . .


So left there, went to the 'normal' beach and had a quick swim there. Then made the awful 45 minute bus trip back to the city.

All over now. . . home, relaxing, watching The Da Vinci Code.

Might go back to the noodle markets tonight, since it will be such a beautiful evening. . . . maybe finish it off with a few drinks at Colombian. . . maybe. . . .

No comments: