Friday, October 20, 2006

Police School Reject

So, today, I was told I was not welcome to go back to JB HiFi, Galeries Victoria in the city. This came from the hugely overweight, highly underachieving security guard at the door.

I had gone to JB to fill in 20 minutes while I was waiting for friends to have lunch (as does everyone). iPod on, man bag strung over my bod, looking through accessories, then making my way to the CD section, when the phone rings - it was my baby. Reception isn't so great down there, so I walked back outside to finish my call. One headphone in on one ear, phone on the other. Walking through security, the security guard was looking at me, saying something. I had no idea, since I choose to pretend they don't actually exist. . . but I think he was asking to check my bag. . .

Security : "Sir, may I check your bag?"
Brad : (Roll of the eyes. . .) "Umm, yeah, I don't think so. . . ."
Security : "I'm sorry sir, I need to check your bag"
Brad: "Like hell you do."
Security : "Store Policy, yadda, yadda, yadda. . . "

At this point, I was forced to interrupt my conversation with Dean. . . . doing that obviously pissing me off. . . . So I walked back to the security guard. . . .

Brad : "Mate, I don't care, I know by law I don't have to show you shit. And besides, I believe by law you should not even be asking to look in a bag this small. (8"x10")"

Security : "Well you are not welcome back in this store"
Brad : (At this point I walk away feeling very pleased with myself. . . oh yeah, with middle finger extended. . .) "Like I give a shit. . . ."

I am almost tempted to go back tomorrow just to see if they remember me. . . . hahahahahah

Ah, good times. . . .

So, after that went and had lunch with the guys and girls from my old work. A couple of beers and a burger at Equilibrium. Noice. . . .

Then it was off home. Had arranged with my friends Johnny, Pauly, James and James' friend Paul to meet at Hyde Park to enjoy the final night of the Noodle Markets. As usual, my friend Pauly was a no show. . . Spoke at 5.10pm "Yeah I am jumping in the shower now". . . then absolutely nothing for the remainder of the night. No answer to calls, no reply to messages. Hmmm, who's getting tired of unreliable friends. . .

So anyway, got there, and it had been canceled due to the electrical storms we had earlier in the afternoon. :o(

So we all (sans Pauly) decide to head up to Slide for a few cocktails, then off to Don Don for some Japanese. Stuffed, I crawled home.

That's it for today. It's been fun.

No comments: