Thursday, September 21, 2006

Smooth as a babys. . . .

So yesterday was massage and waxing day! yay! Hobbled all the way over to Surry Hills. Nice place, love it there. Promised myself to make a habit of getting over there on a regular basis for a little pampering. We all need it, and surely I can forego one trashy night out a month and reward myself with a facial or a massage or a body wrap, right? Good. Cos that's the plan.

So anyway, this was going to be my first. . . ahem, brazilian. . . mhmm. I am certainly not a hairy guy, but I hate the little hair that i do have. So I decided to see what it would be like. Had heard alot about it, and that included some pretty scarey stories. I have had my chest waxed before, and that was always quite painful, since the skin on your chest is very thin (or so I was advised was the reason). So actually getting my nether-regions done was a little nerve racking.

Standing in the room with the chick that was going to do it, she explains the process. Great! Draw me a picture before you commence the genital torture session! Then she says so matter-of-factly, "OK, take all your clothes off and lie on this bed face down." Heard it before, but just not from a girl. . . ha ha ha
From then on, it was a strange combination of awkwardness, sensuousness and discomfort verging on pain. Let me explain. . The pain doesn't need explaining, The awkwardness obviously comes from the fact that I am laying there, naked, on a bed, feeling very vulnerable. The sensuousness being someone was massaging oils and powder into my bum and ah, other areas. Certainly was a very emotionally conflicting sensation. . . nice having someone tickling my balls, but hey, not only is it a chick, but in a few minutes said chick is gonna be holding up my balls hanging from a strip of fabric like flies on fly paper : "Oops, ahh, don't worry, you won't need these. . . ."

Buttocks complete - time to flip over to do the front. . . mhmm. . . . OK, I had two fears of this moment, either I was going to be somewhat aroused from the nervousness, or the pain would cause horrendous shrinkage. Well, I faltered for a moment a little embarrassed and I said, "um, I don't think I can roll over just yet. I am having an, err, reaction I wasn't quite expecting . . ." (read : erection) And she says "Oh, don't worry, it happens with some guys, and doesn't mean anything, it has to do with the sensitivity of the skin afterwards. Its fine, just roll over!"

Thank God from then on it was all done with a small (not too small thank you) towel draped over any parts that weren't directly being 'done'. And even better, I got to hold things out of the way myself as she was working.

So about an hour later, it was all done. I was suprisingly not as sore as I thought I would be. Don't get me wrong, it bloody hurt. But once the initial sensation dies down (a few seconds) it feels fine.

So she finished the whole thing off with aloe vera massaged into my chest, and teatree oil into my bits and butt. . . strangely pleasant :op

Massage after that. mmmmm. Almost didnt want to leave when it was all over. But, alas, time was up. :o(

Headed out into the street and called PJ. PJ was supposed to pick me up at 1.30 and take me to lunch, then off to my appointment with the hand surgeon in St Leonards. Well, as expected, he was asleep. "I'll call you again in an hour". So I went home and had lunch, all the time sceptical as to whether PJ will show. I understand that he was on night shift, and that he was gonna be tired. But I would hope that if someone says that they will be OK and can do something, then they should follow through. Then to say we are still on, just not lunch, I will call you in an hour. . . well. . . . he didn't call so I knew I was going alone.

So just as I was going to leave to make my way to the Docs on my own, they called and said he had been called to emergency surgery, so we will need to reschedule. Lucky. So now its on for next Wednesday morning. I will be glad to get this over with.

Spent the rest of the day in doors. Since I didn't have docs appointment, I could have gone outside and spent the day basking in the glorious 30 degree Sydney day. But, oh no. . . no sweat and no sun for atleast 24 hours. . . the sweat will make the waxed parts rash, and the sun will burn it too easily. So I hung out in my dark living room, watched Alias on DVD. . . . shame to waste such a nice day.

Told Dean that I can't make it to Melbourne for Paulines birthday this weekend :o( I am so disappointed, but unfortunately work comes first. It's not easy having a start up company, and time is valuable.

I really miss Dean so much, it's driving me crazy being restricted to MSN and telephone calls. The boy has really got me hooked. Missing you baby! Atleast I will get to see you next weekend!!!!

Well, thats it for today. It's been fun.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

Don't worry baby, I'll have a drink for you... Though I will miss you, or should I say, I do miss you... All the time.

Your work does come first, I know that, and I'll support you in anything you need to do... We have plenty of time, it's just a shame that all the time we spend apart feels like forever. And when we're together, the cliche is affirmed... 'Funny how times flies...'

After we speak on the phone, Luke was right, I do go crazy. I'm happy and excited. We're hooked on each other baby! I feel like I'm going crazy... Crazy In...


DC.