Friday, September 22, 2006

Listless. . .

Meeting this morning was good. Very well received. Funny. . . I think this is the first time I have referred to anything work related. . . Well, went over to Rosebery today for a meeting with a prospective advertiser. We are really focussing at the moment on getting some full integrated content sponsors and advertisers on our Gay network sites. Its a hard slog, since most agencies in Australia are too scared to recommend marketing to the Gay community to their clients. Which is why we have sarted approaching the clients directly. . . Does cause some issues with the agencies, however they will soon learn that the market is there, its untapped, and if they don't work with us, they will be the ones losing out.

So anyway, after the meeting I went home, did some brainstorming with AJ, and then spent a couple of hours on some boring accounts work.

About 5.00, headed down to gym had a really solid workout. Prep for next week. . . :)
Then it was off to the solarium. Standing in the solarium, I started feeling a bit fuzzy. Ended up blacking out. Fell over (I was in the stand up one). All very messy. Decided to end my session a few monutes early and I sat on the cold floor of the room for a couple of minutes til I settled down. Got dressed and left. It happened again on the short walk home, while I was talking to Dean on the phone. It was all a bit scarey, since I haven't blacked out since I landed head first into the tatami during a Judo tournament when I was 16.

So ended up going home and just chilling out for an hour or so. Cool shower, then laying on the couch.

I thought it may have come from the fact that I had eaten pretty much nothing all day and the whole day was pretty busy and intense, then to go do a weight session and a solarium was probably all too much for my bod to handle.

Note to self: eat more, be good to your body.

Spoke to Dean. . . He was on his break and running around frantically tracking down Janets new album. It isn't due for release until tomorrow, but he was determined to find a retailer that would have it on the shelf early. . . . After a few disappointing NO's, he finally found it at Target. Listening to him being so excited when he found it, was so cute. I so wanted to be there and jump around with him :o)
You are so beautiful Dean Christopher . . . I was so excited for you, and listening to how happy you were, made me feel so happy as well. . . :o)

It was so nice outside tonight. Perfectly clear, cloudless pitch-black sky, full of stars, still 26 degrees, and an ever so slight breeze that took the daytime heat out the air.

I decided to go for a walk. Almost listless, I drifted around harbourside, looking at all the people, the families, the kids playing, the couples sitting on the wharf watching the city lights. After a while, I found myself walking up into the city. So decided to just walk and see where I end up. I was heading in the direction of Surry Hills, so to avoid Oxford Street, I took all the back streets. It was nice, lots of people out walking, taking advantage of the wonderfully balmy evening.

I really wished I wasn't doing this walk alone. I wanted to be one of those couples, walking arm in arm, laughing and being silly, or sitting in the little cafe having a coffee together and talking about their day. **Sigh. . .** I want this. . .

The distance is driving me crazy. . . Not long now. . . 8 days. I can't wait to see you Dean . . . The wait is almost painful. . .


Foot note : The Sydney Swans won their match tonight : 19 13 (127) to 14 8 (92) over Fremantle! Into the Grand Final! I see back to back champions. . . . GO THE SWANNIES!!!!

No comments: