Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Beautiful Day. . . .

Only 2 days out of Winter, and today was beautiful!

28 degrees, totally blue sky, what my friend calls "Faux Summer". . . you know, those unseasonal days. . . tricks you into thinking summer is coming, but in a few days it will be horrible and cold again. . . So determined not to waste the day inside (again) I walked from my place at Darling Harbour to Hyde Park in the City, sat against a statue of Captain James Cook and read my book (The Bourne Supremacy) for half an hour.



But it was so noisy being in the city. . . Centennial Park beckons!! So walked up Oxford Street to Centennial Park and spent a few hours sprawled on a rock, reading, and getting as much sun as I could. It was perfect. Beautiful day, quiet, no one to annoy me, or convince me to do something else. . . Perfect.



Got a call from my friend Andy - going to birthday drinks at Slide (my favourite bar) . . . so now I have plans tonight! And to think I was set for an evening in front of the TV. . . :o)

No comments: