Friday, September 01, 2006

Melbourne. . . .

OK, this is gonna be a huge entry. I have not blogged in weeks, and last Wednesday I went to Melbourne. . . so here goes. . . .

Virgin Blue on a 3.15pm flight. Boarding was at 2.45, but was delayed due to some old bird having an accident getting off the plane. It was also explained to us that people in row numbers 1 to 15 can board using the normal walkway to the front door, but everyone past row 15 had to go down the stairs and walk across the tarmac and walk up the stairs again at the rear door! I looked at my boarding pass. . . row 19?? Row fucking 19?? There was no way I was taking the common folk trailer trash sub economy class manual trip outside to the rear of the plane! Fuck that! So I went up to the counter, feigning a slight limp, and explained that I had hurt my leg and there was no way I could do the rear door, let alone carrying my hand luggage while negotiating the stairs down and back up again. . . she looked sympathetically at me and with a motherly sort of sweetness, "Now don't you worry about that, you can use the front doors AND you can go in during the first call to give you time to get to your seat." Woo Hoo!!, umm, I mean, thank you very much. . .

So, on the plane, all set up, sat next to whinging poms. . . For fuck's sake, what else could possibly add to this flight??? I was actually waiting for the overweight, asthmatic, 112yo grandmother who was going to cough phlem and show me photos of all her 37 grandchildren. . . but luckily that didn’t happen.

So, I chose not to look at the whinging poms, as I didn't really want to have to speak with them. . . luckily they pretty much pretended I wasn't there either, except for the occasional stare at my scars on my arm . . . I am sure they signaled each other with the 'Psycho' shower stabbing scene motion on their arms "Ree! Ree! Ree! Ree! Ree!" Who cares, I am sure they would have used it as an opportunity to whinge that their scars weren't big enough. . . I could have helped them with that. . .

Back to the story. . . So, I was nervous as all hell. . . oh, that’s the part I didn’t mention earlier. I was going not only to see my family, but to see DC. Sigh. . . I was nervous because I was seeing DC, but also because he had spoken so much about me to his friends, that I felt like I had so much to live up to when I met them!

Three Gin & Tonics later, and the nerves were all gone. . . thank the Lord for alcohol! Also read the Virgin Blue in-flight magazine, 'Voyeur', bloody brilliant mag filled with inspirational shit for people wanting to excel in business and wealth management. God, you have to love Sir Richard. The man inspires me.

So, arrive at Melbourne airport. Call DC to let him know I am here. A few minutes later, a sexy white Mercedes 4WD pulls up in front of me, and this drop dead gorgeous boy runs around the car with the biggest, most beautiful smile I have ever seen. This boy was seriously excited about me being there! Of course, at that moment, seeing him there, I knew I had nothing to be nervous about, and I had made the right decision to go down there to see him.

Talked all the way back to his house in Parkville. Nice 3 story terrace house that he shares with an eclectic bunch . . . all very nice of course!

We then proceeded to, ahem, 'rolled around on the bed'. God it was so good to be with him again, touch his sexy body, and kiss his beautiful lips.
I felt so comfortable.

Later, Imma and Chalks came over dragging behind them shopping for DCs house. I had met Chalks in Sydney previously, and he was a sweetheart, so that was easy. Imma, on the other hand was new to me. But she just come straight over and gave me a hug and a kiss. So friendly and genuine. I would come to see later during the week that all his friends were the same. . . what the hell was I worried about!

We headed to Hairy Canary, a cute little café/bar on Little Collins Street. Shared a couple of bottles of peringa estate, ate some tapas and talked.
Again I felt so comfortable.

Me and DC


After that, went back to DC's and. . . Rolled around a bit more. . .

Virtually no sleep . . . it was crazy! We couldn't keep still, or keep our hands off each other. . . God he is so hot . . . sigh. . .

So Thursday morning came around . . . and we proceeded to . . . well, roll around a bit. . .

Got up late and went to Palate on Greville street in Prahran for breakfast - I had a moderate breaky (eggs, toast, coffee, DC had what's called the "Starvin' Marvin". Holy shit that boy can eat!!!

After breakfast, it was raining, so we headed to a shopping centre at Chadstone and shared sorbet at Trampoline then went and saw 'Snakes on a Plane'. That movie scared the crap out of me! It wasn't scary like a horror movie, it was just creepy as all hell. I jumped atleast 5 times, three times with my hand over my mouth, and spent most of the movie trying to keep my feet off the ground. . .

Thursday night we were going to see the Veronicas at The Palais in St Kilda.
We drove by the entrance, and we were horrified by what we saw. . . . hundreds of 10-14 year old girls. . . . and just one gay couple. NO FUCKING WAY!!! So we ditched the idea of the concert. Didn’t even try to sell the tickets, since we would have looked pretty nasty trying to scalp tickets to a group of preteen girls. . .

We decided on dinner at MOO(in the cellar of the old money order office) on Little Bourke St. So romantic. It occurred to us that this was actually our first official date. . . . sweet. We had both duck leg soup and noodles. Then I had the Beef, DC had the salmon. Food was amazing. Company was even better. First date was a success :o)

After dinner, decided on a bottle of wine and a curl up at home. Then I wanted junk food. . . . so we went to Coles - picked up some Vaalia Lactose Free French Vanilla Yoghurt, peaches, Dairy free chocolate and chocolate soy ice cream. Then proceeded to lay in bed with the bottle of wine, started watching legally blonde, but ended up messin around til we fell asleep.
Another wonderful day. Another contented sigh. . . ahhhhhhh. . .

Friday morning, Dean had to go to work and I was meeting Chalks for lunch, then my family for the afternoon. So we both got ready - DC looks so fucking hot in a suit. . . mmmmmmmmm.

I was supposed to be dropped off for lunch before heading to the city, but there was so much traffic (and Dean just couldn't get his schedule working), So I ended up having to bail on lunch with Chalks, and go meet family straight away.

As it was a coffee date with family, I asked mum to suggest a place. . . well. . . I discovered that the best coffee in Melbourne is (according to my mum) Gloria Jeans on Flinders St! Ha ha ha ha ha ha. . . . Without sounding like too much of a coffee snob, I shot her down a few . . . best coffee in Melbourne . . . mhmm. . . "Hi can I have a tall soy ACIDccino, please."

After that experience, we went over to Federation Square. I have to admit, the building grew on me while I was in Melbourne. I started out hating it, back when it was just finished, I actually thought it was still being built. But over the week, I actually began to appreciate it. Is Melbourne rubbing off on me? So checked out the Gallery there, noice, noice. . .

Said bye to family and went to meet Dean and his AG crew, Steph, Luke, Dave.

Tonight I was meeting Dean's very good friend Pauline for the first time. . . I had only spoken to Pauline once previously, when I was messy, drunk and emotionally vapid. I ended up hanging up on her for something or other. . . Honestly I don’t even think it was hang up worthy, but in the state I was in all anyone had to say was "boo".

So we decided on drinks at Sarti on Russell Place, Little Collins St. Sat outside and had potatoes and red wine and chatted for a couple of hours. I discovered later, that whilst I was in the bathroom, Pauline announced that she thought I was wonderful, and she wanted to have sex with me. Hmmm, would I take up that offer? If I was straight, HELL YEAH! Pauline is a really sexy woman.

Me and Pauline @ Sarti


I can see how Dean and Pauline get along so well. Both sexy, they actually look like they should be a couple. (Don’t get any ideas mister. . . ha ha ha) Anyways, everyone got tipsy - except me. I think I could have drank equal to everyone else put together and only just be in the same state as them . .

Us @ Sarti


So next I was taken to the hottest, funkiest bar St Jerome's for free drinks c/o Paulina's BF. His name is joel, and he is a fireman. Need I say more? Mmmmm. . .

St Jerome's was this hot non descript bar down an alley way in the middle of no idea. Walk inside, and its pretty slummy, but a serious vibe here. Out the back, and it looks like a manky old laneway all bricked up. Hard to describe but it was all open air, under the stars. The place is awesome.

Headed home about 1. Dean and I in the back seat getting a bit hot'n'heavy, Chalks and Pauline in the front, making funny noises. . . they just wanted to be a part of it, I'm sure :op

Got inside and curled up in bed chatting. Dean ended up passing out mid-way through conversation.

Saturday morning, we get ready. Dean for work, I was meeting family again. We went to Verve on Little Collins St - the best coffee in Melbourne. That’s one of the things I went there for!

Met family for some time out at Warrandyte. Nice there, something like Kangaroo Valley. Same style, antique places etc. It was nice. Russell (Mums Man) decided he was going to have an 'I love Melbourne' moment....Docklands.... Oh God, we did the full tour of Docklands, the whole time Russ telling me all about it, how long it will take, what they are doing, what the land used to be etc etc. . . drove me crazy, but it did get me more interested in buying there. . . maybe that was his plan?

Said good bye to the family, and met Dean after work and headed home. Ended up so relaxed, decided not to go out, but instead meet up with Chalks for some cheap asian.
Headed to Victoria Street Richmond looking for an asian restaurant not filled with Anglos. They all were, so we picked one that wasn’t as white as the others.

After dinner, we went home. Dean and I had a really good talk - quite the D&M. We both fell asleep mid conversation about 3am. Great night. Great talk. Everything was perfect. He really is a sweet guy. So very comfortable here.

Sunday morning went to Babble around Greville Street. . . funny service there. One minute they were cheery and happy, next I was being told that the alteration to my order was an inconvenience. . . then suddenly they were really cheerful again. Maybe they had a late night. . . . so, rolled out about 10 pounds heavier, and down Chapel St to try and walk it off. Went to the Peter Alexander store, where Dean bought me some "Lounge Pants". Well, I don't know what else to call them, but Dean seems to think the term is quite funny. I still don’t think he has offered me an alternative that he won't laugh about. . . .

My new Loungepants


Anyway, met up with Imma, for a coffee at Kazbar, before she started work. Popped in to AG Chapel St and met Matt and Chris.

Sunday afternoon consisted of a walk around Alexander Gardens in East Melbourne, then to Southgate for a walk by the Yarra and ended up at Bear Brass for some Stellas. Dean got drunk, so I got to drive the Merc. We went to Brunswick St Fitzroy to meet Pauline and Joel (remember the hot fireman?) at Bimbo's. This bar was fucking bizarre. It was kind of Newtown meets Madam Lash. The whole place was dark, smokey, old couches everywhere and was decorated with dolls. There was this freaky S&M doll hanging above the bar upside down in a rack with a huge cock. Interesting. . .

Freaky Arsed S&M Doll


Talked about love and life, and the preceeding evening's events. Scored some hot sunnies from Joel, cos I liked them and he was happy to hand them over and get replacements himself. . . sweet.

Sunday night we went to Chocolate Buddha at Federation Square. It was a Japanese place, great food. Went for a nice walk along the Yarra by night. Afterwards, we headed to gay night at Candy Bar and had a bottle of wine. Funny, how I had said I didn’t want to do gay bars while I was there. . . and we ended up at one anyway. I think it was actually at my request! Went home about 12, rolled around. . . . mmmmmm. . . went to sleep.

monday. last day. sad.

We laid in bed for as long as possible. Right up until we had to meet Chalks for lunch on Bridge Road, Richmond. Just parking the car, and we run into Dean's sister Devi. I initially wasn’t sure if she knew who I was, or whether I had ot pretend to be someone else. . . . but was all good. No need to worry.

Moved onto the city to meet Imma for lunch - last drink at Hairy Canary. Wandered down Little Collins to meet Carmel at AG Womens. The only one I hadn't met yet, I think. The rest of the afternoon we spent just wandering around the city, looking at computers, undies, memory cards, music and dvd's - all hand in hand. It was all really sweet. So cute. So confortable.

It was time to head back. . . time to pack and get ready.

Of course, we were not going to let the last day go by without. . . really, really, really, fucking hot sex to Future Retro (hot new CD). Afterwards, it was so hard to pack, knowing that it was all finished. I so didn't want to leave. Dean drove me to the airport. It was a strange trip, both of us feeling down. Bright point, Dean wore his white cap . . . so cute.

Ate good but slow noodles at airport. Lots of sighs.

Stood in departure lounge. Hugged, kissed, talked, hugged, kissed talked....and then it was boarding time.

Thank you for the most wonderful time, Dean. It has been 2 days now, and I am missing you like crazy. Atleast I get to talk to you every day by phone, and we have video calling. . . . but I wish it was face to face. I want to be able to touch you when I talk to you.

No comments: