Saturday, February 10, 2007

Two down...

Organised to meet up with Dom at St Jeromes yesterday... So caught the train into Flinders Street, going through the ticket gate... wrong ticket... bought a Zone 2 instead of a zone 1+2... oops. (What's with me and public frigging transport, huh?)The ticket gate lady was nice though, she let me through. Probably because I was standing there with a totally blank look on my face, frozen in sheer terror, almost like stage fright... she must have thought I was short a chromosome...

So made it safely and fine-free to St Jerome's. Had a drink with Dom, when I got a message from Terry - he was also there with a couple of friends. I took Terry there last Friday, he loved it so much he brought them to check it out... So Dom and I went out the back and met up with Terry, Chris and Shannon. Lovely couple - still in that sweet first months... awwwww... (Cue vomit sounds) "Honey - enjoy it while it lasts... cos he is just gonna rip your heart out and stomp on it." Bitter? Moi? :o)

Funniest thing happens next - get a message from Gene (breakfast in Carlton guy). He was in the city and wanted to catch up. So I told him I was at St J's and he should join us. So he shows up... They all know each other... Aiya... Terry, Chris and Shannon are good friends with Gene - they all hang out together. Whats the chance of that... but wait there's more... I go to introduce Gene to Dom... "Oh hey Dom! How have you been!!!" What the??? My three friends, who I met in separate situations, in completely different ways and locations, were all friends with each other... Bloody Hell...

So we all hung out at St J's for a couple of hours, drinking long necks of Coopers Pale Ale (again)... and talking about poor Anna Nicole Smith... conspiracy theories, drugs, murder, intrigue...

Then it was off to a clay pot restaurant (can't remember the name!) for dinner with more of Terry's friends and then on to Madam Brussels. This place is fabulous! Definitely an addition to my fave's list!



After sharing what seemed like a dozen jugs of Fruit Daiquiris, we all staggered out and went our separate ways. I crashed at Terry's place, since there ain't no way I was gonna do the train and nightride bus back to Hell's Corner.

Woke up this morning, horribly hung over, headache, nausea, hot flushes... noice... recovery breakfast at Prahran Market, wandered around the shops for a few hours, trying on clothes, lunch at , then it was the long trip home...

The rest of today is recovery. Chill, relax, watch TV. :o) Tomorrow is Carnival and T Dance at Treasury Gardens. So need my energy!

Oh, found a place to live! Yay! Hot 3 bedroom apartment in South Melbourne. Just off St Kilda Rd, only 15 minute walk into the city. Sharing with a gay guy, Pete, and a straight German boy, Martin. The block also has pool, gym, and tennis court. Thank God for the gym...

Moving in next Friday!

Love - behind me. Check!
Accommodation - found. Check!
Career / Business - watch this space...

Two down... not a bad run this week!

Yay me!

No comments: