Thursday, February 08, 2007

It's my time....

Having a scaldingly cold beer.. you know when you keep them in the freezer just to the point where the first few crystals form... so when you open it, the beer itself goes cloudy, then that first mouthful burns just like icey cold coke does on a stinking hot day..... ahhhhhhhhhhh.... :o)

Feeling very relaxed... after my emotional night thinking about 'you know who' and his new 'you know what', I decided that regardless of my midly fragile emotional state and lack of sleep, I was gonna get out today, be social, and just have a fucking good day.

Managed to do the bus/train adventure ride to the city. Woohoo. Went to Melbourne Central, met up with 'friend of friend' Han, had a roast beef lunch and a couple of beers, then walked down to Crown and saw Dreamgirls. Had been sort of avoiding seeing the movie, since all it does is remind me of Dean - but effective this morning... I decided that I just gotta get the fuck over it. (I mean, fuck... no one is worth this much torment.)

Movie was pretty good... as far as musicals go. I still find breaking into song, when spoken word would normally suffice, a tad naff... but it was done quite well, and at times, was very touching :o) Overall, a pretty good movie. Couldn't help but dance along in our seats to a lot of the songs - and even sang along... "No way... No, No, No, No Way I'm living without you..." Much to the disgust of the row of old people in front of us.

Did the train/bus adventure ride all the way back to Hell's Corner.

It actually felt good... for the very first time, I was totally self reliant - no lift to the station, no borrowing Ange's car - today I made my own way out, and own way back. Wasted an awful lot of the day traveling and waiting for connecting buses and trains, but shit - it was good to not rely on anyone for a change.

Anyway, thats it - sitting here having second icy cold beer...

It's time to move on and up... This is my time...

1 comment:

Andy said...

thats my brad.