Monday, January 15, 2007

Worthy of such diatribe?

OK, so maybe I don't fit the mold down here. Maybe I was so worried about screwing everything up, that I actually screwed everything up... Who knows... but could I possibly be due this :

Brad, wasted. "Ever since we met I thought you hated me." Oh, for fuck's sake... In a social setting, it's terribly easy to bully someone by saying something they can't publicly own, forcing them to dissemble or deny the spoken truth, leaving them feeling dirty with nobody convinced. But it's a cheap trick, one that could only seem clever to an alcoholic (and embarrassing to everyone else).

I dissembled for Chxlks' sake, since Dxxn has apparently made it clear their friendship is conditional upon Chxlks making happyface with Brad. Sufficient truth: "Oh, that's just how Melbourne people work." Actual truth: from the moment you wouldn't make eye contact when we met, Brad, I've known it would be a mistake to trust you, and you've done nothing but prove it since then.

No one has to make happyface with me anymore...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! A bit harsh. I am sure not all Melbourne people are as nasty as that one. Don't forget - we are here for you! I know it's been a tough 2006, and not such a great start to 2007 - but it can only get better from here! I have a couple of friends in Melbourne, ex-Sydney, who I think you would get along with really well. I will get you guys in touch!

And remember, you can always come back!!! I know there are a few boys that would be pleased to see you return. Ha ha ha

Hang in there sweets!!! xxx Rob