Monday, January 22, 2007

Pride? Blaah...

Well, drove into the city at 6pm - looking forward to experiencing Melbourne's Pride Festival.
The plan - meet W & Co after the march, hang out, drink, watch the crowd, the shows etc.
Arrived at Fitzroy St to hundreds of revelers... almost a mini version of post parade Mardi Gras. It looked like fun. A few bars had queues, lots of trashy queens, immaculately groomed boys, lesbians that look like workmen, all the same type of people as Sydney...
So parked the car in a side street and wandered into the throng. Fuck, it was cold. Back to the car, so much for tight black T... on goes the sweater. Still looks good, so feeling confident... :o)
Wandered a bit around the people, a few cruisy moments... Called W : "I went home to get changed, but I think it's too cold... I'm gonna stay in." Shit.
So I ended up watching the Karaoke and chatted to a couple of boys who stood next to me. After an hour of increasing cold, intermittent drizzle, and increasingly bad karaoke - I decided to go home. With Time After Time being butchered in the background, I wandered back to the car, a little down at my disappointing Pride experience, and my lack of friends to hang out with. Drove home. Arrived to a dark empty quiet house... everyone already being in bed - at 9.30.
Made a snack, jumped online and chatted to friends.

Pride? Blaah...

No comments: