Sunday, January 14, 2007

Overhung...

Promised myself I wouldn't go out and write myself off again this week... oops.

Two friends Johnny and Mikey were in Melbourne (separately), so was looking forward to hanging out with some familiar faces for a few days. Mikey was down with a bunch of old workmates / girlfriends for a catch up weekend.
Caught up with them at The Langham Hotel at Southbank. Just hung out by the pool, chatted, then wandered into the city for a spot of lunch and a couple of glasses of wine. After that, back down to Southbank where we met up with Johnny and his friend. Couple of beers later, and feeling moderately numb, Johnny and I decided to go out...

Same old places... God, there's another thing I promised myself... "Stay away from the scene, Brad...." DIVA, Heaven's Door, Market, XChange... Met some great people.. but buggered if I can remember their names now...

Market had
an AussieBum season launch... hot show with hot guys in hot swimwear... all terribly hot...

Towards the end of the night, standing outside Heaven's Door I bumped into a friend of Adams, to whom I had been introduced earlier in the week... couldn't remember his name, I just remembered that he was a drag queen I think... chatted outside for a while. A very weird and trashed asian guy was standing outside as well, annoying as all hell... bling'd to the hilt, drinking champagne and being an arsehole... was totally obnoxious, and really giving everyone the shits. We told him he was being a wanker, and he says "I'll be whatever I want, I have this..." And takes out his Black Amex... everyone laughed at him... "It's invitation only... and you're just jealous". I told him that it probably isn't even real, to more laughter. So he hands it to me and says "Here, see... it's real and it's mine..." So I had a close look.... "You're right, it is real..." and then threw it like a frisbee across the road. "You're a wanker mate, now fuck off..." Ha, ha, ha, ha.... everyone was in hysterics. The next 20 minutes we all stood around talking, laughing at him and watching him stagger around the street looking for his card.

Headed off to The Peel ... it was so packed... danced myself crazy again... staggered out of there at 4, too messy, so slept in the car for a couple of hours before the long drive back to Mum's...

It was great to catch up with Johnny... even though I saw less and less of him as the night progressed... he found himself a guy and was busy most of the time... hmmm... still great to catch up though.

Overall, night was fun - but couldn't really get into it - I do have fun, but I kind of drop in and out of mood constantly. I find it easier to just get on the dancefloor, alone, and just let go. Taking no notice of anyone else - like I am the only one on the floor... I really am trying to be happy...

2 comments:

JohnBoy said...

Well i guess it takes time. Time will make it all better one day. Familar faces definitely could ease you into a better day. We as friends are here for you. Thank you for hanging out with me.

By the way, i did not meet anyone but i was definitely occupied with my friends. I dont think my Melbourne trip will be this good if it wasnt for you and them.

Calm Inside The Storm said...

Thanks babe... Even long distance, I know my friends are there... :o) It really was great having you down here - shame it was so brief. See you again soon! XXX