Wednesday, March 07, 2007

How would you like your meat?

Went to a BBQ at Adams place on Monday. Adam lives in the eastern suburb version of my own "Hell's Corner".. Cranbourne. Its over an hour on the train from the city... but from my place, it's 2 hours 40 minutes.... Walk to bus, bus to train station, wait for connecting train, train to Flinder's Street, wait for connecting train, train to Cranbourne. I have only 15 songs in my PDA, and I listened to them all 3 times over... If I ever hear Jessica Simpson's "A Public Affair" again, I will curl up in a ball and cry... No Idea why I had that song on there in the first place...

So the trip was quite pleasant until the train arrived at Dandenong... from then on it was scary. School kids piling onto the train... the guys were hot (generally speaking), but it was the girls that scared the hell out of me. Seriously.
I have never seen so much acid being spat from a group of 'ladies' in my life - and we're talking drag queens and drug fucked party fags too... the language coming out of them would make even the members of the Dubbo Lesbian Guild blush...

So anyway, finally made it to Cranbourne. Ad's picked me up from the station and did the whole 2 blocks to his house. That may very well have been for security purposes... who knows... :o)

So over a drink or two (I had Bundy and cokes!), we prepared food for the BBQ. 6.30, Ad's friends arrive - had been advised that these girl's were known as his 'wife' and 'girlfriend'... not really sure if that is just a pet name thing going on, or whether he utilises their services for social gatherings... but somehow I don't think Ad's could have a lady in arm and still come out the man... :o) (Love ya Ad's...mwah!)

So the girls were great. Really funny. Standing around the BBQ, we drank, gossed, talked about weird-arse quirky things we do - and I was please to find that I am not the only person who colour matches clothes pegs when hanging out the washing! Yay! Next was the comparing of scars... I am not sure how we got into that, and although there were some doozies, I certainly won that one ;o)

So after dinner, and feeling rather lubricated, we settled into the living room for... Cluedo! Well, new Cluedo DVD. It was pretty weird, and after half an hour working out how to play, then two false starts, we managed to get an hour in before.... DVD froze. Bugger that. Pack it up. It's over.








Once the girls had left, took my beer to bed, started watching Scary Movie, and crashed (Of course I finished my beer first!).

The next morning... it was the long trip home again... sigh...

Ah well... Good times...

No comments: