Saturday, March 17, 2007

1, 2 or a dozen....

So another 'just 1 or 2' ends up another 'too trashed to talk'. Thursday met up with Dom for a drink at St.J's, it was cool, and drizzling. Not the best for an outdoor type place, but it was still fun. After a few there, it was time to go exploring again.

Dom took me to The Croft Institute on Croft Lane, just off Little Bourke in China Town. The place was pretty amazing - set up like a science lab, complete with the funky benches and taps I remember from High School :o)

After The Croft, it was on to Double Happiness - and yes, by the name you can tell we were still in China Town... An Asian themed seductive little bar, with an equally seductive cocktail list - try the lychee martini and the espresso martini... phwoar... I could have drunk them all night...

Jane came and met us there, but by that stage we were already 'well on the way' - so add Jane to the mix, and it got rowdier, dirtier, and I am suprised we didn't get asked to leave... :o)

Staggered out of there (I don't actually recall leaving!), Dom headed home, and I - being in the city after dark - had no where to go, so again it was crash at Jane's place.

Friday morning I had to help mum with the grocery shopping... oh my God... Not only was the train trip back to Epping horrid, there was a further 2 hours of wandering around pushing grocery trolleys... After a big night of drinking, and very little sleep, I finally got home to crash about 3pm. The longest day ever... :o)

No comments: