Saturday, March 24, 2007

Bar 53 - Also the average IQ of its patrons...

Since Friday was my last official free (week)day before I start my new job, I felt it was important to get out and make the most of it... well, that was the plan, and I pretty much kept to it.

I got the train to the city, wandered aimlessly, people watching and window shopping, dreaming of all the things I will be able to buy soon... :o)

Messaged Dean - attempt number 5 to meet up for a coffee/drink/chat - and we arranged a 4.30 rendezvous. Bugger... it's only 11.30, what the hell am I going to do in the city for 5 hours... Coffee, more people watching, then it was off to the movies.

People often say that it's weird going to the movies alone... and I never used to do it, but I am actually doing it quite frequently now, and I am really enjoying it. Something about choosing the movie for yourself, choosing the time for yourself, no compromising. It was nice to just go in, relax and enjoy the movie - alone. Certainly nothing wrong with doing it alone, I can happily vouch for that. Might think differently on doing it Friday night, Saturday or Sunday... standard mates and dates times... then I would have looked like a loser. But weekday daytimes is just fine! :o)
Anyway, saw Hot Fuzz. New Brit movie from the makers of Shawn of the Dead. It was great. A bit graphic, but expected I guess. The humour wasn't stock standard Brit stuff, and wasn't 'roll in the aisles' style either, just subtle things and witty quips that made you giggle...

So after the movie, wandered up to Hairy Canary on Little Collins, to meet Dean. 4.15, sitting in Hairy, nervous and sweating... the guy still does it to me... so I'm sitting there, downing a quick beer to help relax me when Sarina pops up "hey babe! oh god, are you ok?" "Yeah, I'm meeting Dean here at 4.30" "Oh hun... don't stress ok? anyway, you look HOT..." ha ha ha... well, it helped relax me anyway...

Dean arrived. It was the first time I had seen him since we broke up - over 3 months. Dressed all in black (Standard AG attire), shirt open to halfway down his chest, his silver cross resting in the crease between his pecs. His perfect smile and those eyes that you could just get completely lost in - even now, he still takes my breath away.
So we ordered a couple of beers and did a full catch up on everything and everyone. Work, family, friends... The time went too fast. Next thing I know, he had to go back to work. Walked him out in Little Collins St, a quick hug, cya. God, it was great to see him.

Bumped into Sarina on the way back to the mall, she was out on break, looking for Havianas for her boyfriend. "So????? Is everything good? Did you guys work it out?" We wandered around a bit, promised to hook up for my birthday in a couple of weeks.

Heading home on the train, Ange calls and begs me to go with her to her friend Emily's birthday at Bar 53. You might recall Bar 53 as the place I went with her to last time... nasty pool hall place... Back then I didn't know the name of it, but now I do. The whole night was OK... Yep, just OK... Met lots of Ange's friends, who were mostly quite nice... I remained relatively sober, so it was funny watching them all totally wasted, behaving like fuckwits... I wonder if thats how I look when I'm trashed... hmmm... Went back to Ange's about 12.30 and fell asleep on the couch watching Legally Blonde.

"Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed."


Woke up this morning, pissing down rain, cold, miserable... I had to meet Dom in South Yarra at 10 for a little flat hunting again... really was more of a lay under doona and watch tv kinda day... but I dragged myself out.
By the time I got in there, it was sunny and nice... typical fucking Melbourne weather. I am going to have to start taking a sweater, jacket, umbrella and sunglasses everywhere I go... So met Dom, coffee, attempts to organise viewing times, gave up... more coffee, chat, wander, window shopping. We end up heading to the city, it was off and on warm, cold, raining, blaaah... didn't want to be out in it anymore. Movie. The Host. Odd, but fun. Ending was a bit bizarre, but the monster was brilliant.

After the movie, a glass of Pinot at Ca de Vin off Bourke St mall, then another at Gin Palace off Little Collins. Home time...

No comments: