Sunday, March 11, 2007

Back on track baby....

It's all coming together...

First, a quick backtrack to cover off on what some won't know. I sold my share of LNM in January . My then business partner, called me up just days after 'the breakup' and told me he had been offered a big paying opportunity with one of our competitors - conditions apply* He said he was going to take it - and that under the conditions, I had no choice but to sell him my share of the business. I acceded. At the time, so much shit was going on in the heart department that I pretty much lost interest in everything around me anyway.

So after that, I kinda just lost direction. Went out occasionally, got trashed, had fun, met new people - but still underneath I was bored, lost, lonely. I wasn't interested in finding a job yet, since I was getting the proceeds from the sale of my business - and that would give me a while to move, settle down, and then decide what I wanted to do with myself. Well, proceeds still have not arrived...* :o)

But anyway, I realised that my problem was a combination of things - living in Hell's Corner, having no money, not being able to get out and do stuff.

But all that is about to change.

Got a phone call on Friday morning from an agency who had gotten my CV from Seek. I was 'perfect' for this job... So went in to have a chat, find out about the role etc etc. Turns out, the job is with a direct competitor of my previous employer (SSAL). They had seen my CV, knew I had been working for SSAL for years and years, and they HAD to have me. Second chat that morning was with them - NAB. It wasn't even an interview... ended up being a 20 minute chat. Got the call back Friday afternoon from my agent. "Oh my God... they LOVED you! They are so excited... yadda, yadda, yadda..."

So - in 2 weeks, I will be back into a relationship management role at another bank - probably dealing with the same clients I had at SSAL - and all for a shit load more money and better conditions! Ha!

I'm not abandoning my ideals of working for myself... but for now, this is the way for me to get my life back on track.

Job = Money = Life

My time really does start now.

* Can't say too much! If I make any comments on this, I could get into trouble, so best leave it alone!!!

5 comments:

Andrew said...

Hey, congrats on the new job.. I'm a friend of Andrew's in Sydney cept I live in Maine USA.. your life seems like its gonna go only up How great!!! Ciao, Andy R

Calm Inside The Storm said...

hey, i have international readers now! :o) thanks mate. was starting to regret the move down here... but as Yazz always reminds me.... The only way is up! (from here on, anyway!)

Anonymous said...

you go girl friend!!!!!! look out melbourne here comes the real brad cshed up and fabulous xxxx
dionne

Andy said...

so is the job in melbourne?????????

Calm Inside The Storm said...

ready or not... here i come!!! :o)

yep it's in melbourne. office is on bourke st - shame its not the hot new nab headquarters at Docklands, but its all good :o)