Saturday, December 30, 2006

Salvation....

Peace, Quiet, Calm... Thursday morning - Mum and Russell departed for 10 days in Tasmania. Ange and Craig departed for 5 days somewhere with friends for NYE. Nice... All that's left??? Di and David... The extra-ordinarily loud in-laws (Russells brother and sister-in-law). That was OK, since I took off to the city (Thanks for the car Ange!!) met Dean for lunch, then Andy for a couple of glasses of red and our chat. Then met Dean after work - the plan : Dinner and a movie. Headed to Victoria Gardens (via Vietnamese for dinner) to watch The Holiday. I was so suprised... this movie is great! I am not really into romantic comedies... mostly because I'm a big sook, and I cry... so not really a good look. So I avoid them - period. But I have to say, the movie was fantastic. Yes I cried - discretely... about 7 times. Go see it. Or atleast get it for a romantic night in when it comes out on DVD. I think Dean and I will have many of those with this movie...

Friday morning, drove back to Mill Park (Hell's Corner if you remember...) to Di and David packing to leave... 2 hours later - they are gone. And all the dogs too. OH-MY-GOD... peace, quiet, calm...

Don't get me wrong, they are lovely people - but I just don't do loud very well.

Picked Dean up from work and went to Hairy Canary for dinner. I was craving steak... Curled up on the couch and watched Heartbreakers with Sigourney Weaver, Gene Hackman and Jennifer Love-Hewitt. Love that movie. Dean had never seen it, but he loved it. I fell asleep, head in Dean's lap, half way through, and woke up at the closing credits... time for bed... and another morning I get to wake up in heaven - my sweetheart next to me.

No comments: