Saturday, December 23, 2006

Hell's Corner - population : me

Well my first few days in Melbourne...

After arriving Saturday evening, Dean and I met Mum and Russell at the front of the terminal - we had decided a good compromise for my first night in Melbourne was to spend it at my mums place... with Dean. It was either that, or Mum and Russ stay with us at Deans house.... ummm, yeah, nuh... :o) So we spent the night at Mums just hanging out, drinking, chatting...

The next few days were a bit strange... I guess I was feeling a bit left of the middle - a fish out of water as it were - not really certain what I was doing, not really feeling like I was supposed to be here. Sunday & Monday were spent just hanging out in the city - having lunch with Dean when he was on break. It didn't matter what we did, I was just so happy to be down here closer to him.
Tuesday I met mum after work and headed back out to Mill Park, or as I now affectionately refer to it "Hell's Corner".

Wednesday I thought I would head up to the Sports Centre, have a workout (God knows I needed one... 2 weeks since my last gym visit...) but when I got up there, the woman at the counter says "We don't lark strangers in our town, these here faciliteees is for our townsfolk only... you'll find a Fitness First just 3 days west a here by horseback..." Or, something along those lines.

Suffice to say, there was no gym for me... best I could do were chin-ups using the BBQ area awning... :o(

That night, I was so bored... excrutiatingly. I was so bored, I walked up to Safeway (about 20 minutes away) and proceeded to follow each aisle doing imaginary grocery shopping...

Thursday - Up at 5.30... didn't want to miss the chance of getting a lift back towards the city with mum. Got to Dean's at 8.30, then chilled, met for lunch, did some christmas shopping etc.

Thursday night was a fucking blast. Dean and Co had a small Christmas dinner / drinks with some friends. Lots of food, lots of drink, lots of great people and great conversation. Good times...

Friday, Laid around until 1pm, then crawled out from under my hang over to go into the city to meet Dean for lunch. More shopping... 1 1/2 hours in the gift wrapping queue at Myer... Home again, back under my hang over.

Saturday was spent last minute shopping, again. I was so over shopping that I was exhausted, and almost in tears. Finally... it was all over. All done. Thank God...

No comments: