Friday, June 29, 2007

Yet another backdated roundup... (Part 1)

Thursday night (21/06) was work drinks. This one was an actual company sanctioned drinks night - not just the usual Friday afternoon piss up we have. It was at 3 Degrees at QV. Well, I intended to NOT get appallingly trashed and make a total fool of myself. Yeah, well that didn't happen... But the good thing was, everyone else was equally blotto, so nobody actually noticed :o)

So at the end of the evening, we wandered off to find another place to drink... along the way I looked around me and realised... I didn't know these people. I had connected myself to the wrong group and didn't even realise!

So I sheepishly crept off in another direction to try and find my friends. Wandering along Swanston St, my phone rings - it was LR from my team:

Me - "Hello?"
LR - "Hello?"
Me - "Where are you?"
LR - "Where are you?"
Me - "I'm on Swanston St, where are you!"
LR - "I'm on Swanston St, where are you!"
Me - "Where on Swanston St!!!"
LR - "Um...hee hee hee..."
*Click*

OK, so that was all I could get out of her. Obviously in worse condition than I was. Only thing to do, drunk to the point of almost not being able to walk, freezing cold (it was probably 5 degrees), I jumped on the Number 6 tram home. After about 15 minutes, I realised that the tram didn't turn into High Street like it's supposed to do. Shit Shit Shit Shit. Got off at the next stop along St Kilda Rd. I got on the number 5 tram instead of the number 6. Honestly the bloody numbers look the same when your eyes are crossed. So walked back down St Kilda Rd and waited for the number 6 tram - again. On the tram, it was a quick 5 minutes til I get off at my place - easy. Well, it should have been. Next thing I know, I lifted my head up to see where I was... didn't recognise anything. I asked the chick sitting near me "Where are we?". "You're at Glen Iris, hun"...

Shit shit shit shit shit. My 1 second head lulling was actually a 20 minute sleep. Jumped off at the next stop, crossed over and caught a cab back home. It cost more to get a cab from there than it would have if I had just got the damn cab from the city in the first place. Dick head.

Friday morning... oooooooooooh.....
Certainly not the best condition to herald in the most religiously significant date on my calendar, Cyndi's Birthday. The veritably ageless goddess of music turned 54.



Caught up with my mate Johnny who was down from Sydney for the weekend. Always nice to see him - one of only a few people that I have seen from Sydney since my move... Monday was brunch at Palate on Greville St with Johnny and a couple of his friends. Good company and conversation, great wine, a terribly long wait for our food, which wasn't that great when it did finally arrive (after I shoveled to the side of my plate the masses of shaved parmesan, there was very little actual pasta on the plate) - which is a shame, cos Palate has always been a great place, one of my favourites, which was why I took them there. If I stop going to every place that disappoints me, I would end up having no where to go... :o(

No comments: