Monday, June 04, 2007

As if I never left....

So was thinking, since I have done bugger all blogging for the past month... it would be too hard to go back through and fill in the missing weeks... so I am going to pretend that I never stopped! :o) But first let me just recap...

Moved to Prahran. Love it here. Apartment is hot. Settled finally. Love it, love it, love it. :o)

Ok, so...

Good sleep again. Unusual considering we ate dinner at 8.30... Our first proper dinner we cooked since we moved in... And it being my favourite dinner, makes it doubly special :o)

A night of firsts actually. Finally getting the wall units finished, first cooked meal at home, and first unexpected phone call...

Sounds weird huh, but actually the whole time we have been there we have only had like 5 phone calls... and they were all us just messing with the new phones :o) not that we have no friends... just that we hadn't yet given out the number to anyone.. just parents...
So it was so funny, we were eating dinner, watching TV, and the phone rang, and we both thought it was on the TV, then we looked at each other like "what’s that noise?" and realised it was the phone... so funny...

Excited about the wall unit... I put together the final parts myself cos Dom was in the bedroom with his friend Mark working on his new wardrobe and drawers... it looks so cool. We decided what was going in it and everything. One part of it is perfectly laid out to use as a bar, complete with space for a 20 bottle wine rack and everything :o) so we are pretty pleased with the way it turned out.

Work sucked today.

In a team of 10, 4 were away. and the work I was looking after was really complicated, and I think the person whose work it was had 'planned' to be sick today, cos most of what I did came in on Friday and he had sent stupid questions back to the clients in an effort to delay response... cos he knew someone else would look at it for him on Monday... grrrr so anyway, I ended up walking out with the shits at 6.

My friend Darien came over for dinner and drinks on Saturday night. Sweet guy... when you get to know him... When he arrived, we wandered down to Dan Murphy's to grab a few bottles of wine, then stopped at a Nepalese restaurant to grab some food... at home, ate, drank, drank, drank, talked, listened to Cyndi (a fellow cyn-ophile! yay!) argued about what constitutes being a racist... the boy has serious issues I think... his whole opinion was weird, so weird that I really can’t explain it... so will leave it there... :o)

Anyway, Dom couldn't cope with the in your face discussion style and went to his room... After a while when Darien and I had finished off the bottles of wine, we shared a little choof. Oh - I have discovered that’s what they call it down here... well, at least the people who have heard me say "gonna choof now, see ya later!" in other words "head off / go / leave"... but after a few giggles, I now know what it means here...

Anyway, so after that, ridiculously smashed (doesn't take much for me anymore!), opened a bottle of sparkling, half a glass, bed, dead.

Definitely have to hang out more often - he's a lot of fun... once you get used to his humour, and his attitude... ha ha ha :o)

Good times...

Oh, one last thing... Andy, Craig, Baz, Pauly, Dove, Dionne, Hamish, Drew, Penny, Shane, Johnny, Mikey, Gav, Lu, Rob, Ken, Mario, Matt, Mark... and the rest :o)... Miss you... Talk to me soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey love i have moved to sunny miranda and am now back on line yay at last so i an talk to you now honey sorry it has taken soooo long but optus are a bunch of wankersyour new place sounds fab enjoy it baby xxxx doan