Saturday, June 09, 2007

Trash no more...

Friday night, I had a catch up with Jane (You might remember her from previous catch ups including "the skinny dipping / wrestling episode with her hot straight guy friend" and others...)

Anyway, it turned out terribly trashy, for which I have decided to take heed and avoid this one going forward...

Met up at my place, so she could check out my shit-hot pad - for which she was in total awe, but not really surprising since for a 20-something working girl she still lives like a uni student.... You know how that goes... milk crate furniture and crap lying around EVERYWHERE... Anyway, so after loving the new queer quarters, we headed out to Candy Bar on Greville Street (still my favourite street in Melbourne) for a bottle of nasty $8 red - at bar prices, made it a princely $36. Kinda looked like it had changed owners, cos the only people in there apart from us were new staff, and people that knew them... So left there and decided next stop was Dan Murphy's for a couple of bottles to enjoy in the warmth and comfort of home.

Liquourland had a special on $17 Jamiesons Run wines - 2 for $20! Woah! So grabbed 6 bottles before they realised that should have been 2 for 30, took off home feeling very good about my bargain basement booze.

Sat around listening to music, quaffing our cut price tipple... 1am, Jane decides to invite a friend around to join us... lovely. He arrives - no money. I had to go down stairs to pay for the cab. A further 30 minutes of chatting, and by 2am, we were sufficiently spastic to disturb the neighbours with our babble and so relocated to my bedroom which is blessed with shared walls.

Big mistake.

Within seconds, Jane flings her glass across the room, across my brand new white doona cover and pillows, across the silver grey carpet, and (which I discovered with total horror the next day) across 3 of my hot AG shirts...

The terror must have been too much for me. I then passed out.

Saturday morning, I cleaned up, threw out the trash, then disposed of the empty bottles etc... Never again. No class, no room... mean, ruthless, but definitely necessary.

I had just 2 hours to clean myself up, as I was heading to my FIRST live footy game! Sydney Swans against Hawthorn Hawkes. It seemed fitting that my first live game be not only my home team, but against my mothers team... needless to say, Swans kicked the Hawkes collective butts.

I have never seen my mother in the way I saw her that day. I saw sheer unadulterated hatred in her eyes. Her pure abhorrence terrified me. I could see that woman was capable of ripping a chair out of its concrete foundations... such was her passion for the 'almighty hawkes'... Personally, it made no sense... her passion didn't help them. Losers... :o)

No comments: