Saturday, November 04, 2006

Blessing or Burdon....

Wednesday, worked with AJ at his place. Always exhausting... that man can talk underwater. Always leave there feeling drained. Most of the time I struggle to keep up with him - I swear sometimes I feel the words dribbling back out my ears when I can't hold anymore of them in.

Caught up with Tony, Bazz and their friend Brad - Roast Lamb dinner, a nice red, and 5 hours in front of Tony's computer... the purpose this night was to fix it... some Symantec installation gone bad, and so PC wouldn't work anymore. Bloody Nortons...

So ended up crashing there since it was late, and we had all had a few wines, so best to get a lift in the morning.

Home for the day, getting some graphics finished for the updates to our site. Almost done....

So my ex Mike popped over Thursday evening. The boy rings and says he is having problems with his notebook. "Its running really slow... I don't know whats wrong with it! Want me to pay you?" "No need to pay me. Bring it over, I will have a look for you... Actually... you can bring some beer if you like... :o)"

Wondering whether my penchant for anything I.T. is a blessing or a burden.... I guess it is a blessing cos it gives me a chance to catch up with people... but shouldn't they want to catch up any other time?? Hmmm... well, I can fix em, and that's what friends are for! At least I got dinner one night, and beer the next :o)

So anyway, Mike arrives with his notebook, and a six pack of TED's... noice...

As soon as he handed me the 'puter, I already had a fair idea of what was wrong with it... it had to be atleast 6 years old... the thing was designed for Windows 98... So I turn it on, and it takes a couple of minutes to get started... nothing out of the ordinary for a 6yo computer. Check it out... theres nothing wrong with it! In fact, there weren't even any programs on it! It was a clean install. The sluggishness was purely to do with it being an old computer.

"Dude, Your notebook is slow cos it's old. Nothing I do is going to fix that. It's always going to be old."

Nice, so rest of the evening was just chatting, and catching up on old times. Mike worked at Hayman Island for the past year or so. So he had plenty of stories to tell about what the staff get up to up there... Interesting stuff... But shan't say anymore.



Good times....

No comments: