Tuesday, November 21, 2006

11 day catch up

OK, so I have failed to keep up with my blogging responsibilities... slack, slack, slack. Of course there is a perfectly good explanation...

The past two weeks have been spent in Melbourne. It was originally only for 5 days to Monday November 13, but stretched out another week to November 20.

Dean picked me up from the flight, again it was wonderful to be with him again.

Friday was a trip to Geelong with my mum to visit my new niece, Ava Grace, who I still had not seen... she was adorable, as expected. The whole time she gurgled and giggled... so cute. The only time she cried was when I was leaving, and I can understand that...

Got back to mums about 5, hung out there for a bit, had a beer and chatted. Took off back to the city to meet my man.

Saturday was the drive to Albury for my nephew Justin's 16th birthday... early start, long 3 1/2 hour drive in the heat. Not so bad I guess, but the road is just one LONG straight run. Makes for a fairly dull trip. But it was nice to be out driving the highway :o)

Hung out for the family BBQ, which was sweet. Ben and Nick were both eager to show off their prowess on their electric guitars - so I was treated to a cavalcade of solo performances ranging from wolf whistles (mhmm!) to the classics.

Unfortunately Justin's friends (the 20 or so teenage boys coming for his birthday) weren't arriving until after 4 - which was when I had to be on my way back to Melbourne... :o( Certainly Dean was happy about that... :op

So drove the 3 1/2 hours back again....

Sunday was Park Drive Day! A day of good food, drink, and other (ahem) party things... all in the company of gorgeous people in stunning outfits. The guys looked hot, the girls - sexy.

Monday was supposed to be my flight home... After breakfast, feeling somewhat flat from the night before and depressed about leaving, it was discussed that I would stay - preferably indefinitely, but for now... just a few more days. So a lengthy call to Alex set up a stay until Wednesday, nope, Thursday, oh, maybe Friday.... OK, Saturday - alright, Sunday, but thats it... In the end after a small oversight, it was Monday. But hey I wasn't complaining! More time with my man!!!

So back to the story.

Wednesday night... Time for Dean to meet... my MUM! The drive out to my mums was funny. Dean was definitely nervous - I told him he had absolutely nothing to worry about.. but I understand what it's like, so he just had to wait and see.

We arrive at mum's place in Mill Park, and I realise we had forgotten to get a bottle of wine on the way, so I suggest we go in and then I will duck out and get something. Dean leans across the seat, grabs my arm and with a look of absolute horror "You are not to leave me... do you understand????" Ha, ha, ha... How could I with that look .. poor boy... ha ha ha ha.

So in the front door, and I am sure he was at ease straight away. My mum is great. Very welcoming, funny, and I think she had already had a glass or two before we got there... mhmm.... do we know where I get it from now???

So we hung out in the kitchen having a couple of drinks while mum finished some prep on dinner, Russell talked about his computers, oh and how great Melbourne is....

So over dinner, lots more talking. And the same as when I watched Dean talking to Andy and Drew the month before - he blended perfectly.

After dinner - and a few more wines we adjourned to the living room to continue the goss. All of a sudden, they bring out a DVD... "Puppetry of the Penis"... OK, so when did this evening take a turn into the Twilight Zone??? Watched and laughed for a bit, Dean excused himself, left the room for a minute, which turned out to be a call to his best friend Pauline - "Oh my God, I am at Brad's Mum's place - I'm trashed, and we're watching Puppetry of the Penis!" Hmmm, so I will take that as a thing of exclamation... not sheer horror and disgust.... :op I have to admit though, it was all a bit surreal... I ended up asking we turn it off... As fun as it was, sitting down with my mother and boyfriend watching two (unattractive) men making shapes out of their....

Anyway, the evening eventually came to an end. Said our byes, and drove home. It was a great night.

So Thursday received the call from my Mum "We love him. He is just great Brad." Thing is, I knew she would love him. I had no doubts whatsoever. She would love him, cos he is an amazing guy...

Saturday night we went to Pauline and Joel's place for a BBQ / party thing. Lots of fun. Headed to 161... Love it there. Can see why Dean raves about it. Sexy, great people, music. Definitely an eventful night... let's leave it there...

Sunday Dean was at work again... It was funny actually, cos most of the time I was there, Dean had to work. And it was all good. It gave us both time to see how things will be when I am living down there. No more having to try and keep each other entertained like we have been doing in the past. It made everything just seem normal - and that was great.

Mum and Russell were came in later in the afternoon to meet up with us for a drink.
I took them to Hairy Canary while we waited for Dean to finish work. Quite an experience for them I think...

1. There is more to beer than VB and Carlton Draught...
2. Tapas are not small nails...
3. Shittake are a type of mushroom.... and with roast duck - make perfect Pizza toppings...

So after a couple of beers and sharing 2 bottles of wine, mum was sufficiently inebriated to break into her "World's Proudest Mum of a Gay Son" routine. It's really sweet. Always happy to proclaim how she loves me, and loves me gay, and "whether its a guy and a girl, two guys, or two girls... love is love... and it's beautiful"

So after that, said goodbye, got a lift home - with a quick stop off at the bottle shop for another red - then home we went. went straight to bed, too trashed, crashed...

Monday was going home day... :o( Best thing was, we got to spend 11 days together. Our longest time together ever. Even better was the fact that in 2 days - Dean was coming up to Sydney! Yay!
I hung around at the shop for the morning, then made my way home... Tram, Coach, Plane, Train, Monorail. It was strange, it was the first time either of us had to arrive or depart without the other there. But it's all good. Dean had to work, and really, this whole trip was about us functioning like a normal couple with normal daily stuff to do. And I loved every minute of it.

No comments: