Sunday, July 08, 2007

It's good to be back...

This past week was end of financial year. It's when we work frantically to sort problems and queries with our clients to ensure the financial reporting for the past year is complete and accurate etc etc. Traditionally the toughest week on our calendar. Strangely, it was one of the easiest in recent memory. Not quite sure why it was, but buggered if I am gonna complain!

Friday about 4, we cracked open our usual slab of Carton Draught and sat at our desks gas-bagging about the week. Everyone was heading out to a farewell drinks at Blue Diamond, but I had a busy night ahead of me. So I took off at 5pm sharp.

Met up with my my brother Jack & his fiance Amy, and my adorable niece Ava Grace.

Just a quick coffee and a chat. They had the trip back to Geelong to get through, and Ava was tired and cranky and grizzly :o).
I had a 'date' at 7pm anyway... The past 2 months since living in Prahran, I have seen this guy around that I recognised from somewhere - the day I was going to the footy, he was on my tram, and when I got home that night, I looked through my Fridae list and found him. Now I know who he is!

So we have been messaging the past few weeks, determined to actually meet up and say hi instead of walking past each other with that "I know you, but where the hell from" look....

So we caught up at Bogarts at Jam Factory, had a couple of glasses of wine and chatted for an hour or so. He was nice, but he spent a lot of the time we were chatting glancing up at the TV, or messaging friends. To me, that's pretty rude, even though it wasn't officially a date, just a catch up, it's still nice to actually have the attention of your conversation partner. Anyways, we went and saw Transformers (yes 2nd time for me). After the movie, he had to go home as he was working at 8am. Said our byes and that was that. So was walking home in the freezing cold, again probably about 4 or 5 degrees. Called Dom, he was at Kitten Klub in Little Collins ST. Grabbed a cab and headed there. Dom was already very drunk - it doesn't take him my to get to that point anyway. :o)

After Kitten Klub, we went to The Peel on Wellington St, Collingwood. Best night out I have had in months. Met a few people, danced, drank a bit, didn't even get trashed (suprising, right?). Just had a really great night out. Spent most of the night hanging out with a guy (we shall call M)... Crawled home at 1pm Saturday...

It's good to be back...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your looking a little rundown

you need some vitamins

i think you need an apple