Saturday, February 09, 2008

What kind of weird-ass cows are there where you come from?

Today I spent the day keeping busy. Feeling very down right now, I needed to make sure I had plenty of friends around to keep me cheerful. I dragged my sorry arse out of bed at half past 12 today, headed out to meet up with TC for lunch.

Which leads me to the question that has baffled human-kind for a millennium...

Do cows lay eggs?

Well, it hasn't really, but sometimes it makes you wonder.

So for lunch I ordered a beef burger (Beef, lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, egg, tomato relish) - hold the dairy. That means no butter, no cheese. My burger comes out - with the no egg.

When exactly did eggs become dairy? When was the last time you saw a cow squeeze an egg out of it's arse? It totally perplexed me. When I asked the staff about it... "but you said no dairy"... I let it go, cos it just wasn't worth arguing about.

Saturday afternoon, I caught up with Hxyxex, Sxaxy & Rxbxix and headed to ET's for a few hours of beers and 'boisterous shenanigans'... (makes me sound old doesn't it?) The guys are crazy - it's strange seeing people you work with in a whole different light. Not that it was bad at all - on the contrary, it's just great to see how crazy and silly people can be. After that I met up with Sxexlxe & Dxnx for a night of board games, party pies and red wine... One of the games they brought over was "Whack a Mole" - you remember that game we have all played at video arcades and the like, where the mole pops up from inside the table and you have to hit it on the head with a hammer? Well, its a mini version of that, and its fucking hilarious. Especially after a few glasses of red.

The girls headed home about 10.30, and even with an offer from Hxyxex to come back over and party more, I'm heading to bed.

Good times...

No comments: